Friday, February 02, 2007

Worried about Harry

According to the news, the last Harry Potter book is on sale for pre-orders and will be available on July 21st.

"The most recent book, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, the sixth in the series, broke UK records by selling 2,009,574 copies on its first day of release. Booksellers are predicting that the Deathly Hallows might yet outstrip that figure.

"It is ten years since the first book, Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone, was published. Since then the series has gone on to sell 325 million copies worldwide and has been translated into 64 languages."

Without ruining it for anyone who hasn't read number 6 yet, I am really concerned about what JK is going to do with this book.

This story from Playfuls.com tells why:

Rowling's stories have darkened considerably since the first release, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone,” and the author has said two characters will be killed off in Book 7.

"I don't always enjoy killing my characters. I didn't enjoy killing the character who died at the end of Book 6," Rowling said during a reading last summer at Radio City Music Hall, declining to name that person in case someone had yet to finish the book.

"I really didn't enjoy doing that, but I had been planning that for years so it wasn't quite as poignant as you might imagine. I'd already done my grieving when I actually came to write it."

I hope she was wise enough to realize the effect she is going to create on an entire generation if she kills off one of the three kids. It would be awful!

No comments: